Our DMin program is open to a spectrum of disciplines and interests. It aims to address a range of problems in virtually every area of human and ecological concern. Our doctoral program is dedicated to helping you shape and co-create a new global civilization so the human species can learn to act as responsible and respectful stewards of our larger planetary ecosystem.
At every level in the doctoral process, you are supported by mentors and coaches. You will be required to take certain core courses and will have the freedom to design the rest of your program in consultation with your mentors and the Dean of Graduate Studies.
Students can select courses from either inside Ubiquity or outside Ubiquity. This means that if there is a course you need to take that is offered through another institution, you are free to do so. Ubiquity’s in-person courses are also available for doctoral credit.
To apply to our DMin program please write to Dean of Graduate Studies, Dr. Gyorgyi Szabo (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will contact you and discuss your aspirations and potential pathway. All doctoral students must supply transcripts of previous education and write an essay indicating the area of research they want to explore.
Doctoral students must complete four core courses offered by Ubiquity University as well as write a doctoral dissertation. The remaining courses can be taken from Ubiquity or elsewhere as specific courses related to the chosen field of study.
4 core courses:
- Dissertation Writing and Research Methods with Dr. Gyorgyi Szabo (4 credits in-person)
- Great Books with Dr. Jim Garrison and Dr. Gyorgyi Szabo (3 credits online)
- Wisdom at the Cutting Edge of Civilization with Dr. Jim Garrison and others (4 credits in-person)
- Ubiquity Chartres Academy, meeting annually in Chartres, France (4 credits in-person)
Please note that the Wisdom at the Cutting Edge of Civilization and the Ubiquity Chartres Academy courses could be substituted by another Ubiquity University offered course pending agreement with the Dean of Graduate Studies.
Total: 15 credits
36 credits must be completed from courses plus 24 credits attained for the doctoral dissertation, totaling 60 credits.
Tuition and Fees
Total Tuition and Fees for the whole Programme = $18,000 for 60 credit fees ($300 per credit)*, Dissertation fee, Major Advisor fee, and External Examiner fee.
*This total for courses may fluctuate if courses are taken from outside Ubiquity as Independent Study. There is a credit transfer fee of $100 per credit for any courses taken outside Ubiquity.
In-person courses will include logistics costs (for board and lodging for example) which are not included in the costs above.
- Students must have a Master's degree or its equivalency. An equivalency consists of documented training beyond a bachelor’s degree that is equivalent in hours and requirements to a Masters Degree.
- A completed Ubiquity University Admissions Application must be submitted.
- Students are encouraged to belong to an academic research library in the area in which they live.
About the School
How you personally develop, what gifts you bring into the world, and how effectively you bring these gifts to your community, are all critical to how our collective future will unfold. If you know you ... Read More