This PhD program is interuniversity and involves researchers from the universities of A Coruña and Santiago de Compostela. In their teams are also integrated researchers from the universities of Barcelona, Oviedo and Valencia, as well as the Institute Xerontolóxico Matia (INGEMA).
The program welcomes more than 30 researchers and is organized around two lines of research:
- Line A Research in Developmental and Educational Psychology
- Line B Health psychology.
The main objective of the program is to develop research skills in the fields related to the two proposed lines of research and the teams that comprise them (eg database management and document review, planning and implementation of experimental designs, psychological evaluation And collection of information, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, writing and defence of scientific reports and multidisciplinary teamwork in national and international groups).
Why study the degree
The Programme Doctorate in Psychological Development, Learning and Health Allows professionals in these fields to better understand the research and the latest advances. These studies allow to improve the clinical, educational and research activity of graduates in Psychology, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Psychopedagogy, Primary or Secondary School Teacher and other degrees related to education and health sciences.
What is learned
Line A brings together five research teams that focus their research activity on:
- The acquisition of language and the evaluation and intervention of their disorders;
- The improvement of learning processes, the evaluation of their difficulties and the psychological intervention in the specific educational needs that derive from them;
- The factors that condition psychosocial development and academic performance in emerging adulthood or youth and the prevention of imbalances in this period; Y
- Assessment and intervention in cognitive and functional impairment in aging and dementias, particularly Alzheimer's.
Line B is made up of researchers from the knowledge areas of
- Behavioral sciences methodology;
- Personality, evaluation and psychological treatments;
- Basic psychology;
- And Social Psychology.
These researchers develop their activity, among others, in the areas of social movements, neuropsychological effects of toxins, analysis of social movements and risk behaviors, environmental psychology and family therapy.
Lines of investigation
These are the lines of research of this doctoral program:
- Language development: Acquisition and disorders
- Psychosocial development and academic performance in emerging adulthood
- Difficulties of learning and specific educational needs
- Psychological research on aging and dementias
- Research on academic learning and its difficulties in educational contexts
- Health Psychology
Specific Training Complements
In case the doctor does not have the complete previous training required in the program, his / her admission to the program may be conditioned to the surpassing of specific training complements, which may be subjects or modules of master and degree. The complements assigned to the same doctorate may not exceed 15 ECTS credits and may be made prior or simultaneous to the tuition in academic tuition in the program.
In case of simultaneous realization the students will have to register for these complements at the moment of formalizing the tuition of academic tutelage in the program, which must be surpassed in the maximum term of three consecutive quarters. Failure to do so will result in student disqualification from the program.
- Methods and designs in language research
- Methodology of Research in Gerontology
- Analysis of practical cases through a statistical package
- Documentation, organisation and presentation of research work
- Methods and techniques of information collection in applied psychology
Formative Activities of the Programme
- Management of databases and electronic documentary resources (in the USC: Specialized courses, in the UdC: User Training Courses)
- Public presentation of the review work on the state of the issue in the research topic.
- Preparation and presentation of oral and / or poster scientific communication at a national or international scientific meeting with topics related to the topic of research
- Preparation and presentation of oral scientific communication in scientific meeting of international scope with subject related to the topic of research.
- Public presentation of the advances in the research work.
- Stays in national or foreign research centers with prestigious researchers in the field of research chosen.
- Elaboration and acceptance of scientific article in publication with impact JCR.
Professional and academic outputs
The doctoral degree can improve the professional situation of the student, giving access to an autonomous research activity. Facilitates the management of projects and access to calls for public funding exclusively for doctors.
The priority in the access of the candidates will be established in each university in relation to the following selection criteria:
- In the first place, students with a bachelor's degree in Psychology, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Psychopedagogy, Primary or Secondary Education,
- Second, students will be scored prorated on a maximum of 6 points in relation to their grade in the academic record and a maximum of 2 points in relation to the level of knowledge of documented English,
- Thirdly, the adjustment of the letter of motivations and interests of the student to each of the research topics developed by each team in each of the Programme's lines will be valued up to one point.
About the School
The University of A Coruña is a public institution whose primary objective is the generation, management and dissemination of culture and scientific, technological and professional knowledge through t ... Read More