The Programme Interuniversity Doctorate in Energy and Marine Propulsion, Is oriented to the achievement of research capabilities in the field of Energy Engineering and to develop methods, procedures, equipment or systems, as well as emerging technologies of interest in the industry, making the naval and industrial production sector more competitive in general.
Why study the degree
Energy Engineering is a vital sector in fields such as economics, maritime and industrial activity, research, etc., to which are linked the most competitive, profitable and technically advanced companies. Taking this background into account, the PhD program in Energy and Marine Propulsion responds to the demand for maximum training for research, development and innovation in the field of energy.
The general objectives of this Doctoral Programme are, fundamentally and specifically, the advanced training to develop tasks of analysis and synthesis of theoretical-practical problems of engineering, in order to acquire the capacity to innovate and implement methods, techniques and technologies Emerging, more energy-efficient ones. To this end, departments of the Universities of A Coruña, Salamanca and Oporto are coordinated with the collaboration of researchers from Spanish and European universities.
What is learned
The program is mainly nourished by researchers from the following research groups: Energy and Marine Propulsion, Science and Cybernetics. Also integrating researchers from the Universities of Salamanca and Polytechnic of Portalegre.
Lines of investigation
These are the lines of research of this doctoral program:
- Agents and systems Multiagent
- Humid air
- Indoor environments
- Analysis of the quality of the electric power supply.
- Analysis and modelling of solar radiation
- Applications to industrial and environmental problems with: Neural networks. Self-organizing maps. Artificial Hybrid Systems
- Machine learning and data mining
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Adaptive control
- Intelligent Control
- Partial discharges in high voltage insulation cables
- Wind Power
- Wave energy.
- Study of electrical systems based on modern theories of electrical power.
- Efficient generators with the Superconductivity horizon
- Management and Maritime Administration. Safety and Maritime Pollution
- Efficient management of electrical energy in power, industrial and residential power systems
- Management and Control of Quality and Maintenance
- History of Navigation and Nautical Instrumentation
- Knowledge Engineering
- Applied Artificial Intelligence
- Exchange of data between CAD programs and other computer tools used in engineering.
- Ship manoeuvre and Abordaxes regulation
- Thermal Machines
- Measurement of radiation
- Improvement, optimization and development of intelligent instruments and traditional and intelligent sensors
- Meteorology and Oceanography.
- Advanced Control Methods
- Methods of pattern recognition.
- New teaching techniques
- New methods of weak classification (bagging and boosting)
- Optimization and control of processes with design of experiments
- Optimization and control of systems in industry and building
- Optimization and supervision of industrial processes with intelligent techniques
- Submerged electric propellers
- Neural networks
- Non-Supervised Artificial Neural Networks
- SOM Networks
- Dimensionality reduction and visualization
- Informatic security
- Innovative fluid delivery systems.
- Intelligent Systems in Engineering
- Multicasting and information fusion systems
- Smart grids
- Corrosion Techniques
- Energy Techniques
- BIM (Building Information Modeling) technology in engineering projects
- Link between academic competences and professional attributions
Specific Training Complements
In case the doctor does not have the complete previous training required in the program, his / her admission to the program may be conditioned to the surpassing of specific training complements, which may be subjects or modules of master and degree. The complements assigned to the same doctorate may not exceed 15 ECTS credits and may be made prior or simultaneous to the tuition in academic tuition in the program.
In case of simultaneous realization the students will have to register for these complements at the moment of formalizing the tuition of academic tutelage in the program, which must be surpassed in the maximum term of three consecutive quarters. Failure to do so will result in student disqualification from the program.
- Materials Science
- Indoor environments
- Thermal machines
- Wind Power
- Energy Techniques
- Introduction to research
- Maintenance of industrial facilities
- Liquid materials
- Energy and material transfer processes
- Corrosion and energy
- Instrumentation and sensor systems
- Embedded systems and their applications
- Solar energy
- Spatial data processing. Temporary data series. Tools and bibliographic databases for research. Measuring indices
- Intelligent control techniques
- Traditional and emerging methods of optimization and advanced control
- Optimization of systems and processes
- Electronic power converters
- Gamma spectrometry
- Alpha / beta spectrometry
- Total Alpha Spectrometry
- Quality management in the LRA-UDC
- Natural radiation mitigation, nullification and inhibition techniques
- Integral monitoring of a sample in environmental radioactivity
- Analysis of reactive phase-shift phenomena in unbalanced three- and four-wire systems
- Equivalent circuits of three-phase receivers under symmetrical excitations
- Sequence filters for unbalanced three-phase systems
- Electrical power and efficiency measurement. Unified Power Theory
- Energy optimization of industrial and domestic electrical installations
- The human factor in marine casualties
- Latest generation navigation support systems
- The cartographic projections in the context of electronic nautical cartography
- Safety and health on board. Merchant vessels and fishing
- Investigation of industrial accidents
- Wave modelling and propagation
- Sustainable energy
- Transport safety and management of liquid bulk cargoes
- Prevention and control of marine pollution
- The port and escort trailer
- The MOU regions and the state Rector of the Port: Analysis of its implementation, inspection procedures and consequences in maritime transport
Professional and academic outputs
Traditionally, the ETS of Nautical and Machines and the Polytechnic University School of Ferrol have been carrying out researches of the fields related to Energetic Engineering including the Third Cycle Studies leading to the title of Doctor. From this teaching and research tradition, relevant results have been obtained, such as extraordinary doctoral prizes, development of research activities at the university, professional activities in positions of great responsibility and patents collected at the following web address: http: // www. Oepm.es
In the same line, it is possible to emphasize the qualitative level of the publications in the diverse fields related to the Energetic Engineering. The program is oriented to the attainment of investigative capacities in the face of PhD theses.
Students in possession of the official degrees that allow the access to the doctorate according to the current regulation, of the technological area or with contents related to the Energy and Marine Propulsion will have preferential admission. In particular, the recommended income profile includes a series of competences previously acquired such as:
- Regulate, control, diagnose and supervise systems, processes and machines for decision making in conduction and operation.
- Ability to perform tasks of analysis and synthesis of theoretical-practical problems through physical-mathematical fundamentals.
- Ability to detect needs for improvement in energy systems
- Use the basic tools of information and communication technologies (ICT).
These competences are collected by various studies of official Masters in technology, such as the Master in Marine Engineering.
About the School
The University of A Coruña is a public institution whose primary objective is the generation, management and dissemination of culture and scientific, technological and professional knowledge through t ... Read More