The program is aimed at the integral formation of human resources at the graduate level, to engage in generation, validation and / or transfer of knowledge and training of professionals, are responsive to innovative proposals and supported knowledge to demands solution to the problem of animal production systems, sustainable use and exploitation of natural resources in Chihuahua, Mexico and even beyond. To do this, the program develops in the student different generic and specialty skills in four areas of expertise: Animal Nutrition, Animal Breeding and Genetics, Natural Resources Management and Technology of Animal Products.
Mission and Vision
To train specialized human resources, high-level scientific and comprehensive skills to contribute to national development, the development of proprietary technology and sustainability of production, through the generation, application, dissemination and transfer of knowledge to problem solving and innovation in animal production systems and care and responsible use of natural resources, in favor of a better quality of life in the regional and national context.
The program Doctor in Philosophia in Animal Production and Natural Resources is a national and international reference, with high social relevance, recognized by the academic productivity impact of its results and the quality in the training of human resources committed to the generation and application responsible and innovative knowledge to solve problems of the food industry, natural resources and the environment; and the development of the state and national higher education. It has high-level academic bodies, able to analyse and design solutions from various technological, economic, social and environmental dimensions through projects articulated in collaborative networks that contribute to the strengthening of the Faculty and the University.
Aspiring to enter the program in Philosophia Doctor should have a solid academic background related to animal science and management of natural resources and capacity to carry out scientific research, therefore must have:
- Advanced knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, statistics, ecology, computer science, research methods and basic knowledge of animal production systems and / or natural resources, as well as English language proficiency at the intermediate level.
- Skills to express themselves in oral and written form.
- Capacity for independent and team work, as well as animal handling, equipment, tools and laboratory reagents.
- Ability to work outdoors.
- Scientific interest in the livestock problems and natural resources.
- Vocation of service, willingness to acquire knowledge, skills, abilities and desire for self-improvement.
- Values such as ethics, discipline, responsibility, honesty, dignity, tolerance and respect for oneself, people, institutions and nature.
Doctor in Philosophia is a specialist of the highest academic level, with ethical sense and social commitment, which owns and integrates knowledge, skills and attitudes to perform efficiently and effectively in scientific research, application, dissemination and transfer of knowledge to the comprehensive solution of the most complex problems of national livestock industry and natural resources.
In general, to exit the program has competencies domains:
- The identification of relevant problems
- The synthesis and effective communication of knowledge
- The independent development research
- The design, implementation and evaluation of knowledge-based strategies for solving problems in their specialty area
- The generation and analysis of relevant information
- Collaboration for work in disciplinary and multidisciplinary teams
- The implementation of group dynamics to identify relevant issues and strategic actions proposed solution
- The face effective communication of meaningful content in formal teaching and learning environments, as well as virtual
- Management of research and technological development
According to their specialty area has domains:
- The design and improvement schemes, protocols and management technologies or reproductive intervention positively and sustainably impact the efficiency of animal production systems, always taking care of animal welfare.
- Development and complementation of models that support the reproductive processes of animals under different environmental conditions
- The appropriate design and evaluation of innovative schemes holistic improvement and conservation of animal genetic resources under conditions of sustainability and incorporating technologies
- The design and evaluation of plans for sustainable use, monitoring and conservation of natural resources
- The development of plans for sustainable management of grasslands for livestock production and comprehensive utilization
- The generation and validation of models aimed at achieving sustainability of production systems with scientific basis
- Developing biotechnological processes and products applicable to food and nutritional management of livestock
- Development and complementation of models that support the digestive physiology and metabolism in animals under different environmental conditions
- The study of the interactions of nutrition with reproduction, health and quality of products and their relationship with the biological response of the animal and production efficiency
- Assessment and adaptation of technological processes to prevent and solve problems of quality and safety in scárnica and dairy industry and innovate products that contribute to consumer health
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS, GRADE RETENTION AND OBTAINING
- Fill out the application available in http://posgrado.fzye.uach.mx
- Possessing bachelor's degree and master of science degree in a related area that seeks to enter.
- The application and approval EXANI-III test, whose score will be evaluated by the evaluation committee aspiring to enter the area of interest, must obtain a minimum of 1000 points.
- And pass the knowledge test applied by the Ministry of Research and Graduate Studies.
- Accredit TOEFL 450 points or corresponding level Language Learning Center of the Autonomous University of Chihuahua
- minimum GPA of 8.0 in previous studies.
- Conduct interview with the Admissions Committee.
- Curriculum vitae (including corroborating documents).
- Submit all documentation requested administrative
- Three letters of recommendation from academic professionals with graduate level in terms marking the Secretary of Research and Graduate Studies.
- Institutional acceptance letter, endorsed by the Evaluation Committee selected area of specialization.
- Full-time dedication to the program
- Comply with the regulations UACH and the Faculty of Animal Science and Ecology
- Establish, in accordance with the Regulations of Graduate Studies, with a minimum grade of 8.0 on a scale of 0.0 to 10.0, committed courses during the semester.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 8.0 and not fail two courses, or one on two occasions during the academic training program.
- Comply with the progress of their dissertation and portfolio of evidence of progress in achieving competence, according to schedule and with the endorsement of its Committee of Grado.
- Not be made available to the Technical Board of the Faculty for motive founded and is the subject of a negative verdict.
Requirements for obtaining the degree
- Meet the minimum number of credits specified by current regulations and
- curriculum endorsed by the Committee of Grado.
- Comply with Article 83 of Chapter XV of the Regulations of Graduate Studies.
- Development and defence of a research work as a doctoral dissertation.
- Have published or accepted for publication have at least one scientific paper and sent to other magazines supported by the CONACYT, the product of its activities in the program.
- The deadline for submission of exam grade will be 2.5 years from the date on which it is completed with the corresponding academic program. A reasoned request to the Academic Coordinator tutor, this period may be extended up to one year.
- If a candidate exceeds the maximum time allotted for the exam, you must submit exams at least two disciplinary matters has already been completed and that the Committee Grade define, or take the corresponding subjects again before allowed his Grade test.
- Accredit TOEFL 500 points or corresponding level Language Learning Center of the Autonomous University of Chihuahua.
- successfully defending his doctoral dissertation before an evaluation committee.
Program taught in: