PhD in Business Administration
European University Cyprus
Earliest start date
This is a program designed for highly motivated students wishing to acquire advanced research and intellectual (analytical) skills in the area of business administration. The aim of the program is to prepare a generation of highly effective Ph.D. scholars aiming to pursue careers in the academia or consulting in the private or public sector. The program provides students with a solid theoretical background and the opportunity to conduct innovative, highly focused research in business administration, for the purpose of creating new knowledge.
Objectives & Outcomes
To provide training to Ph.D. candidates to be independent scholars and researchers, who can work at a local or an international level. The program is research-based and focuses on qualitative and quantitative skills and global perspectives – enabling students to engage in research projects with faculty early in the doctoral program. The curriculum purports to prepare people for stimulating careers in universities and research institutions, in public and private organizations and agencies, as well as prepare top managers to be able to manage within complex and dynamic business environments. Through this doctoral program, the School of Business delivers the highest quality management education seeking to further enhance the doctoral students’ research and management skills and knowledge of business and management issues by offering courses on how organizations and their top managers can best manage internal and external challenges.
- To prepare small, select group of exceptional students to hold university faculty positions or conduct original research in the corporate or public sector, or get high-level positions in industry.
- To help students acquire critical appraisal of the concepts and theories that underlie the nature and practice of management science and the extension of the processes of inquiry (problem-solving, critical thinking and research) for the development and testing of knowledge.
- To expose, coach and mentor students to recognize and understand the diverse areas of specialized and advanced practice in management, guided by the current state of knowledge and societal/business needs.
- To provide students with learning foundations for the continuing evolution of the knowledge both in management science and in other related disciplines.
- To cultivate among students that their graduate education, which focuses on the discovery and refinement of knowledge, requires a high level of inquiry and the development of a collaborative effort and spirit between faculty and students.
- To foster and nature the diverse and varying educational, personal and cultural backgrounds and experiences of students in an educational environment that encourage and promotes the free interchange among scholars and between teachers and students.
- To help meet the increasing need for qualified, rigorously trained business faculty as well as provide rewarding career opportunities for students.