Phd in Applied Informatics
Slovak Academy of Sciences, Institute of Informatics
Earliest start date
A graduate of the Applied informatics study program:
- acquires university education in the third degree (doctoral) in the field of applied informatics,
- knows the scientific methods of research and development in the field of applied informatics with a focus on methods and means to draft informatic solutions to problems,
- learns the principles of individual work, teamwork and project management, scientific formulation of a problem, economic, legal and environmental aspects of new solutions, ethical and social aspects of scientific work, presentation of results,
- will understand the applied informatics for his respective field of application,
- will be ready to build scientific perspective in a variety of fields of applied informatics and for a direct entry into the trade market,
- will find application as a member of a creative team, or it’s leader, in any field, where knowledge of applied informatics is required.
Applicant fills a topic of the doctoral thesis he/she is interested in and a name of supervisor in the Application Form.
Applicant has to sen the filled application form and these required documents:
- a letter of motivation
- a draft of the thesis (1-2 pages)
- an official transcript of the university diploma, certificate of state examination and certificates of other achievements
- a list of the graduate courses within the university studies including study results (grades and individual achievements confirmed by the faculty) or the official transcript of supplement to the diploma
- a curriculum vitae
- a list of published and unpublished works, with expertise (if they were elaborated) and list of other research and artistic activities results
The applicant also encloses a copy of fee receipt.
Documents attached to application form will be kept at the Academic Department of the faculty and not be sent back.
The entrance exam is written and oral.
For students from abroad are the same professional requirements as for domestic students.
Doctoral candidates demonstrate knowledge of the relevant field of study in the admission procedure. They also present the dissertation project thesis in the context of achieving knowledge.
The candidate receives the updated information of the entrance examination along with an invitation to the entrance exam. Each doctoral candidate will be notified in writing of the date and place of the entrance exam.