Post-Doctoral Position: LCA (Life Cycle Assessment) of Sustainable Agri-food Technology and Management Alternatives (funded, $70,000 annually, renewable for a second year)
UBC PRISM Lab
1 - 2 Year
CAD 9,131 / per year
Earliest start date
The Food Systems PRISM Lab is seeking a highly qualified and highly motivated post-doctoral fellow to contribute to research and research management in the field of agri-food life cycle assessment. In light of the current COVID situation, a remote appointment may be considered.
The successful candidate for this position must possess one more of the following:
- A mature foundation in life cycle assessment theory and practice, including data quality and uncertainty assessment
- A strong publication record and interest in further research in the field of agri-food life cycle sustainability modeling, in particular with respect to the current PRISM Lab areas of research
- A strong publication record and interest in further research in the fields of predictive analytics and optimization research, with demonstrable transferability to agri-food sustainability modeling contexts
The candidate must also have:
- A keen interest in contributing to mentoring and co-publishing with a large cohort of research assistants and graduate students (M.Sc. and Ph.D.) while developing extensive lab management, research supervision, grant writing, and industry engagement credentials
Interested candidates should send all of the following materials to Dr. Nathan Pelletier (nathan.pe[email protected]). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- A cover letter summarizing the applicants' qualifications with respect to the above-specified requirements
- A complete scholarly curriculum vitae, including contact information for at least two references
- Up to three relevant peer-reviewed publications
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and letters of reference. The position is available immediately until filled.